I am a Masters level, Licensed Professional Counselor, specializing in individual, marriage, and family therapy, as a private practitioner at Christian Counseling Associates. I earned my Bachelor’s degree from the University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut, and my Master’s degree in Professional Counseling from Amberton University in Garland, Texas.
I have worked with individuals and families from a diversity of backgrounds. I have worked with adolescents and troubled youth for over twenty-five (25) years within the state and county juvenile justice systems. As a “hands-on” counselor, I have conducted home assessments to determine the appropriateness and safety of alternative home placements for children who have been removed from their family due to abuse and neglect. In addition, I have conducted home studies for families who desire to adopt.
Presently, as a counselor, I work with adolescents, adult males and females, married couples, and families. I believe in the power of prayer, and the power of God’s Word. I will meet you where you are, in order to help you get to where you want to be.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Restoration Certified Therapist Levels I & II
- American Associations of Christian Counselors
- Christian Counselors of Texas
- International OCD Foundation
- Is a born again Christian who loves the Lord, God with all of her heart, soul, and strength.
- Has been married for over forty years.
- Has raised three awesome children.
- Is an active church member.