I am a Masters level, Licensed Professional Counselor, specializing in individual, marriage, and family therapy, as a private practitioner at Dolores Guilliod Christian Counseling Services. I earned my Bachelor’s degree from the University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut, and my Master’s degree in Professional Counseling from Amberton University in Garland, Texas.
I have worked with adolescents and troubled youth for over twenty-five (25) years within the state and county juvenile justice systems, and have conducted kinship home assessments for children who had been removed from their family due to abuse and neglect. In addition, I have conducted home studies for families who desire to adopt.
God has blessed me with a heart for the hurting adult and adolescent, and a burden for the family. In my practice, I have the privilege of working with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures, and with a range of presenting problems including grief, depression, anxiety, childhood abuse, and OCD. I counsel married couples desiring healing from betrayal trauma, as well as couples who desire to break their patterns of conflict and obtain a deeper connection with their spouse.
I assisted in the development of the "Psalm 40 Retreat" intensives for pastors, preachers, missionaries and their spouses, and was the lead, on-staff counselor for the retreats. Presently, I am an on-staff counselor at the "Hideaway Experience" located in Amarillo, Texas, which is a four-day marriage intensive for married couples in crisis.
In my practice, I conduct both "In-Office" and "Tele-health" sessions.
I believe in, and depend on, the power of prayer and God’s Word to surpass man's limitations. I will meet you where you are, in order to help you get to where you want to be.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Restoration Certified Therapist Levels I & II
- American Associations of Christian Counselors
- Christian Counselors of Texas
- International OCD Foundation
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Focus on the Family Network of Christian Counselors
- New Life Ministries Counselor Network
- A member of the counseling staff at “The Hideaway Experience“, a marriage-intensive retreat in Amarillo, Texas.
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional
- Completed the Behavioral Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) training for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with the International OCD Foundation.
- EMDR Trained